Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year!


Oh wait! That was over a week ago! Boy, have I missed blogging. I actually have been reading blogs and crafting. Crafting a lot! Just haven't been taking any pictures. So here it is a new year and it is time to set some goals for myself (goals.... NOT the 'R' word).

1. Send make and send birthday cards to my family throughout the year.

2. Finish DD#1's baby album - only have 2 pages left. She is 13 years old.
Start and put a good dent in DD#2's baby album. She is almost 10.
I am not a chronological scrapper, obviously. And I didn't really get serious about papercrafting until almost 3 years ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

3. Enter challenges again. I miss it. It was nice to be pushed outside my comfort zone and try something new.

4. Find a new home for some scrappy stuff that I have outgrown. What can I say, my tastes have changed. I have a bunch of stuff that I will probably never use, because it's just not me anymore. I have been giving a little bit away to my monthly scrap club, but I would really like to purge so I don't feel so guilty when I buy new stuff!

5. Join another Design Team - this was another thing that challenged me. I miss being on one.

So, those are a few things I would like to achieve this year. And here is my entry for the Creative Critterz Imaginations DT call.

I LOVE my Imagine. It is so cool to whip a cartridge and lickety split, print and cut a card. I must admit, I haven't used it much for layouts. But for my DD#1's birthday last year, she wanted to go to the ice skating rink. Awesome! Wait! I live in south Louisiana. The nearest one is an hour away and doesn't open until mid October and her birthday is in early September. So we waited and waited and then drove and drove. LOL Anyway, I don't really have much "snowy" paper since it rarely snows here! So the Imagine was perfect. I used the Snow Angel cartridge for all of the patterned paper.


The sweet little ice skater is from Winter Frolic. I chose my cuts and flood filled them with the colors and patterns from the Sno Angel cartridge. It is hard to tell in the picture, but I used some aqua Fun Flock on her cute hat and some Glossy Accents on her skate blades.


The title is from a wonderful cartridge called Phrases using the Snow Angel colors again. I must admit, I hate welding on the Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room when I want to use a shadow with my font. They never seem to line up correctly. So this cartridge is perfect. It has a lot of great, um, phrases!


After skating for two hours the girls definitely needed some hot chocolate. This mug is from Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge. I also used some Glossy Accents on it for the ceramic look.



Well there you have it. My 1st post of the year. And I promise many more....

Darlene

1 comment:

  1. Darling layout! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your DT submission!

    Merilee

    ReplyDelete