Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flaunt It Friday #7

The challenge this week for FIF was to use the skull from Mini Monsters in a non Halloween way. So I started thinking...hmm.. how about toxic... which led me to my daughter's room! That girl can trash a clean room in less than 5 minutes. So I decided I wanted to make something to warn the general public. I was thinking a door hanger, but it wouldn't be big enough for the words. Eventually the it evolved into a project with a couple of firsts for me. My first time using wood and first time using a stain. The theme also changed from her room to her attitude! Funny how a project evolves over a few days. (she really is a good kid!) So here it is. I must say I don't love it. I wish I had a different color stain to work with, but I had just gotten a box from Crop Chocolate.com (love them) and I had ordered the Making Memories distressing Kit that the stain came in. But the important thing is... my daughter likes it and is going to let me hang it in her room and she has the same citron color. So alls well that ends well. Oh yeah, the paper is all from Basic Grey Granola.


Darlene


2 comments:

  1. That made me LOL! Teen attitude haha! Very cute! Thanks for flaunting it at FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol This is awesome!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete