Friday, September 9, 2011

Cricut 360 Challenge #11



It's Friday!! Whew! It has been a super busy couple of weeks. Preschool has started back for me. At our church preschool, we have 250 sweet little ones that attend. I work mostly in the office doing the computer work and tuition and stuff. But whenever I need a break, I sneak into the toddler room for a little fun. But since school just started, it has been a little loud in the toddler and two year old rooms. It is the first time some of these guys have been away from their momma's, so they are a little upset. But we hold em and rock em and play for a few hours.

Anyhoo... onto this week's challenge - Make something for a HERO. Easy peasy. I know we all have someone in our life that we look up to. I knew I had a black and white picture of my father from his military days that was begging to be scrapped. I used the Stand and Salute cartridge for all of my cuts. This is really a great cartridge to have, so many good patriotic cuts.



I loved the paper I used for American Pride - the way it faded from one color to the next. Not sure where it is from because I got it from a paper swap a while back. I thought it would be neat to use a few dog tags. I really wish I had some sort of thin metal to use for the chain, but grey baker's twine will have to do. The bottom corner needed a little something, so I added the metal star brads.

Hope you like it and that you play along with us at Cricut 360 this week and make something for a Hero in your life.

Darlene



4 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I love the black and white photo and the dog tags. You did a super job.
    Deb Crowder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful lo Darlene! love the title shades... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete